Nemhauser wrote:A good season finale, luckily without giant cliffhangers that makes you crave for the next season. It feels like all the storylines are sort of in hiatus right now.
- Jamie and Cersei have chosen to be together, despite what others think. With Tywin dead, they can live their lives as they see fit.
- Tyrion is on his way to who knows where. Same goes for Varys.
- Sansa and Little Finger are on a journey through Sansa's newly inherited lands.
- Arya is travelling by ship to Braavos.
- The Hound is left to die. Should he get found and rescued, he has a long way of revalidation coming.
- Stannis has set up camp at the Wall and is probably staying there for a while.
- Jon Snow can now deal with his inner demons now that the army of wildlings has been defeated.
- Daenerys is coping with everyday life of her and her subjects in Meereen.
- Brienne and Podrick are still wandering around, looking for Sansa and Arya.
- Theon and Ramsay have made Moat Cailin their (temporary) home.
The only minor cliffhanger was to the story of Brandon Stark, with him finally meeting the three-eyed-raven. He will teach him to fly? How? What? Where? And who is that guy anyway?
Nice closure of the season, all in all.