Post subject: Re: Star Citizen
PostPosted: June 4th, 2014, 1:46 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

PostPosted: June 6th, 2014, 11:30 am 
Ritter
Ritter

Looks like it has potential. Just kinda sucks we have wait for 2015 to even get a full beta. I am really starting to hate how games are getting hyped 2-3 years before their release date.

PostPosted: June 7th, 2014, 11:17 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Remington Spitfire wrote:Looks like it has potential. Just kinda sucks we have wait for 2015 to even get a full beta. I am really starting to hate how games are getting hyped 2-3 years before their release date.
In the case of Star Citizen: no hype = no money = no game. They don't have a big publisher behind them that gives them 100 million bucks.

In the meantime, enjoy this new trailer:

PostPosted: December 26th, 2014, 7:13 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

A friend of mine bought a new graphics card and gave me a code for this beauty.

PostPosted: March 16th, 2015, 4:30 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 1:46 am 

I'll be glad to serve as a crew member on someones ship. When I was really into this back in 2012 I was incharge of Imperium's Diplomacy Division, and was lucky enough to own an Idris M for a time. Unfortunately I had to sell all my ships for an Irl emergency so I now only own my Aurora.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 2:27 pm 
Herzog
Herzog

I've been waiting for this game to come out for a while. I plan to get a new desktop computer with uber specs to play it.

But the thing is never fucking released. Been what delayed for 20 years, and for that many billions of dollars?

I have the feeling that it's not working out how they want it to.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 2:35 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Ludwig Erhard wrote:I've been waiting for this game to come out for a while. I plan to get a new desktop computer with uber specs to play it.

But the thing is never fucking released. Been what delayed for 20 years, and for that many billions of dollars?

Its releaseplan is basically the opposite of Elite: Dangerous. Elite got released when they had the core game mechanics in order. They now start adding stuff on the go, while people are playing (cosmetic enhancements, group options, walking on planets, etc.). It'll probably be another year before Elite reached the state which David Braben had in mind when he started the project. In the case of SC, the devs want to complete the entire game first, before releasing it. I think it's the right decision. If they had released the game in the same state as Elite was when it came out, Chris Roberts would've been destroyed by the criticism because he "wouldn't have given people what he promised". Braben always said he would take things step by step with Elite, Roberts basically promised a finished product.

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 3:03 pm 
Markgraf
Markgraf

Is it just flying around shooting and killing or are there other things to do in the game ?

Image Image

ImageImage
Come, grab your weapons, lift up your arms!
For Germany we take a stand, for folk and leader we march on in glorious song.
Even in facing the eyes of defeat, the enemies cower in throngs, at the sound of German feet and fire.
Nukes: 29

PostPosted: May 11th, 2015, 5:51 pm 
Herzog
Herzog

Nemhauser wrote:
Ludwig Erhard wrote:I've been waiting for this game to come out for a while. I plan to get a new desktop computer with uber specs to play it.

Its releaseplan is basically the opposite of Elite: Dangerous. Elite got released when they had the core game mechanics in order. They now start adding stuff on the go, while people are playing (cosmetic enhancements, group options, walking on planets, etc.). It'll probably be another year before Elite reached the state which David Braben had in mind when he started the project. In the case of SC, the devs want to complete the entire game first, before releasing it. I think it's the right decision. If they had released the game in the same state as Elite was when it came out, Chris Roberts would've been destroyed by the criticism because he "wouldn't have given people what he promised". Braben always said he would take things step by step with Elite, Roberts basically promised a finished product.

Yeah I get that. I still think though that he promised too much. A working game, that is reliable on many people to play it, with all these things that he wanted.

He is probably having problems providing it. I mean, I know I promise myself a lot of things. Whether i do them or not...