It is currently January 21st, 2021, 5:34 am

All times are UTC-03:00

PostPosted: January 16th, 2016, 9:47 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

I've played WT. It's just not for me. Superior? No. Different? Yes.

I like WoT's game mechanics. Or maybe I'm just used to it.

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 6:36 am 

Maybe, I played Wargaming stuff for years before I switched to WT. What sold me was the aerial combat vs world of warplanes. Once they add Navy in 2016, and allow for 3 way combined arms battles it's going to be the game to play :D

Besides, now they have fully destructible terrain and huge updates to the engine to include the newest Nvidia tech. Oh and bigger maps, and actual shell ballistics, and no such thing as premium ammo...

:D

PostPosted: January 18th, 2016, 8:17 am 
Herzog
Herzog

Caustic wrote:Maybe, I played Wargaming stuff for years before I switched to WT. What sold me was the aerial combat vs world of warplanes.
Warplanes was shit from the start so it wasn't hard for Gaijin to make a better product. Then again I've never cared for aerial combat to begin with.
Once they add Navy in 2016, and allow for 3 way combined arms battles it's going to be the game to play :D
Unless they want battleships to shit on tanks with their +300mm guns, it's going to be a ships vs ships, tanks vs tanks, planes vs everyone. Just imagine a battleship raining ~8 +300mm HE shells in one area. Then again they could replace the current artillery barrage with that and have it be an indicator where allied tanks need their heavy firepower.
Besides, now they have fully destructible terrain and huge updates to the engine to include the newest Nvidia tech. Oh and bigger maps, and actual shell ballistics, and no such thing as premium ammo...
Premium ammo has been unbalanced forever. It was better when it was only available for gold, which meant that it was only used in clan wars and never saw use in random battles. Then WG decided to move away from it's "pay2win" aspect and made prem shell available for credits (with a 1 gold = 400 dredits rate), which pretty much killed any tank that relied on it's armor the most (Maus). It also meant that tanks like the T-54 which had 2 top guns, one with higher AP pen and one with better gun handling, had only one top gun because both had the same prem HEAT shell. Atleast they've somewhat balanced they HEAT ammo to not act like AP and actually get absorbed by spaced armor, though it still gets ridiculously high penetration values. Doesn't help that the current map design leads to corridor battles where mediums have to load premium to reliably penetrate heavies. What they should do imo is copy Armored Warfares design and get rid of premium ammo altogether and balance HEAT as an alternative ammo with less pen than regular ammo, but with more damage.

Btw does WT have shells ricocheting off of tanks just to pen another tank?

PostPosted: January 19th, 2016, 10:23 am 

I've never seen a ricochet/pen on another tank. Most of the maps are large enough where that just doesn't happen. Even in city battles, the fighting is usually pretty spread out.