It is currently June 18th, 2019, 10:15 pm

All times are UTC-03:00

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 11:42 am 
Kaiserin
Kaiserin

Beg to differ that permawar is valid in any possible scenario.

Hiki säästää verta - Uberdude | עַם יִשְרָאֵל חַי
Click me!

ImageImage

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 2:41 pm 

Duderonomy wrote:
kingzog wrote:As I said in the thread, if you sit in PM you leave yourself open to criticism. Whether it's just or unjust criticism is a matter of perspective and, let's face it, personal interest.

If you go all out, folks respect that. I've never seen an alliance criticized for throwing everything they had into a fight.

I'm going to disagree with Duderonomy, though. Perma-war is just as damaging as prolonged periods of peace. Possibly even more so. Every long war in CN's history has been followed by some kind of exodus, and we're at the point where we can ill afford to have people, friend or foe, chased away.

If you think of CN as one endless, long-winded argument between alliances that are constantly changing allegiances to one another, then wars should be the punctuation. Quick and to the point.
I think permawar (or at least sustained 6 month-to-a-year wars) are an inevitable outgrowth of the peacemode tactic. We're already seeing the losers of a war trying to dictate terms to the winning coalition while the losing AA's leaders hide in peace mode. Their hope is that by making it a contest of wills, rather than nation strength, the losing AA can simply wait out their enemies until concessions are made.

That's why I've been advocating tech trading on the winning side, so we can get a head start on NS growth. While precautions will need to be made, it is doubtful the losing side will leave PM just to get curbstomped. So keep them stagnant while DBDC, et al continue to grow.

Is it sad that nations are leaving? Yes. But it's not our decision to make. It is up to the losing coalition to determine when enough is enough. If they are happy to sit in peace mode, then we will wait until they can't stand it anymore. But our growth will continue as normal.
You and I think alike.

NG and TOP has been thinking alike (minus the PM usage) lately.

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 2:44 pm 
Kaiserin
Kaiserin

Spartan Glory wrote:
Duderonomy wrote:
kingzog wrote:As I said in the thread, if you sit in PM you leave yourself open to criticism. Whether it's just or unjust criticism is a matter of perspective and, let's face it, personal interest.

If you go all out, folks respect that. I've never seen an alliance criticized for throwing everything they had into a fight.

I'm going to disagree with Duderonomy, though. Perma-war is just as damaging as prolonged periods of peace. Possibly even more so. Every long war in CN's history has been followed by some kind of exodus, and we're at the point where we can ill afford to have people, friend or foe, chased away.

If you think of CN as one endless, long-winded argument between alliances that are constantly changing allegiances to one another, then wars should be the punctuation. Quick and to the point.
I think permawar (or at least sustained 6 month-to-a-year wars) are an inevitable outgrowth of the peacemode tactic. We're already seeing the losers of a war trying to dictate terms to the winning coalition while the losing AA's leaders hide in peace mode. Their hope is that by making it a contest of wills, rather than nation strength, the losing AA can simply wait out their enemies until concessions are made.

That's why I've been advocating tech trading on the winning side, so we can get a head start on NS growth. While precautions will need to be made, it is doubtful the losing side will leave PM just to get curbstomped. So keep them stagnant while DBDC, et al continue to grow.

Is it sad that nations are leaving? Yes. But it's not our decision to make. It is up to the losing coalition to determine when enough is enough. If they are happy to sit in peace mode, then we will wait until they can't stand it anymore. But our growth will continue as normal.
You and I think alike.

Much more alike than you can possibly imagine.

Hiki säästää verta - Uberdude | עַם יִשְרָאֵל חַי
Click me!

ImageImage

PostPosted: January 7th, 2015, 9:54 pm 

Kaiser Hanssen wrote:
Spartan Glory wrote:
Duderonomy wrote:

You and I think alike.

:hang3:

PostPosted: January 8th, 2015, 12:31 pm 

Kaiser Hanssen wrote:
Spartan Glory wrote:
Duderonomy wrote:

You and I think alike.

I like where this is going. Where I come from those are sexual words.

PostPosted: January 8th, 2015, 12:41 pm 
Herzog
Herzog

Don't get sucked in by Hanssens smooth talking UKIP recruitment.

PostPosted: January 16th, 2015, 10:38 pm 

TurnipCruncher wrote:Don't get sucked in by Hanssens smooth talking UKIP recruitment.
How are your wars with MHA and Fark?

PostPosted: January 16th, 2015, 10:57 pm 
Markgraf
Markgraf

TurnipCruncher wrote:Don't get sucked in by Hanssens smooth talking UKIP recruitment.
For Gods sake dso not get sucked by hansen then violated by the buffoons at UKIP :gasmask:

PostPosted: January 16th, 2015, 11:00 pm 

wilhelm1908 wrote:
For Gods sake dso not get sucked by hansen then violated by the buffoons at UKIP :gasmask:
Protip: Hanssen goes straight for the urethra first.

PostPosted: January 17th, 2015, 12:35 am 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Spartan Glory wrote:How are your wars with MHA and Fark?
We're dishing out much more damage than we're taking, which is always a good thing.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next