It is currently June 16th, 2019, 2:38 am

All times are UTC-03:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:37 pm 
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 7th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Posts: 31
Exige wrote:Your PERSONAL issues Score is 10%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

OMG I'm a conservative
I'm sure you're SHOCKED ;)

_________________
Rooland | GOP Video | GOP Forums
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views,
but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

--William F. Buckley, Jr.
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:39 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Fürst
Fürst

Joined: January 8th, 2010, 5:49 pm
Posts: 1853
Exige wrote:Your PERSONAL issues Score is 10%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

OMG I'm a conservative
Hahaha.. I'd shoot you in the head for that. :evilgerman:

_________________
Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image
As a non-american, you have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want to.


Top
   
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 4:36 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Fürst
Fürst

Joined: May 21st, 2009, 4:00 pm
Posts: 1215
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:Image

Its shows dot but its 100% libertarian. I support laissez faire capitalism. I believe in Objectivist economics not so much the ethics. But I am an Egoist (rational, ethical, and physiological) I dont really care for conservatives because they support capitalism but just like he liberals are destroying it... Any form of non laissez faire will end up hurting more then helping
Yes but, unfortunately, the necessary support for such policies are absent in all today's major democratic societies. So, it becomes a question of practicality and theory - the answer to which is a matter of degree. I would love nothing more than to see another Calvin Coolidge - or even a Milton Friedman - in office, but such a person would likely never find the necessary popular support. So I have to taper my preferences with pragmatism, sadly.

I also find that many people conflate conservatism with social conservatism/purism. Conservatives and libertarians depart very little on policy until it comes to foreign affairs and the matter of isolationism.

Its not that its unlikely it just needs to get out to the public. If a GOP ran for laissez faire capitalism and explained it enough to prove it doesn't cause monopolys and the cause of them was the government etc... Then I say it can be likely
It's been done - and is done regularly - at local and some state levels. It's astronomically unlikely to succeed on a national level.
How so???

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 4:42 pm 
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 7th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Posts: 31
Cnut the Great wrote:
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:Image

Its shows dot but its 100% libertarian. I support laissez faire capitalism. I believe in Objectivist economics not so much the ethics. But I am an Egoist (rational, ethical, and physiological) I dont really care for conservatives because they support capitalism but just like he liberals are destroying it... Any form of non laissez faire will end up hurting more then helping
Yes but, unfortunately, the necessary support for such policies are absent in all today's major democratic societies. So, it becomes a question of practicality and theory - the answer to which is a matter of degree. I would love nothing more than to see another Calvin Coolidge - or even a Milton Friedman - in office, but such a person would likely never find the necessary popular support. So I have to taper my preferences with pragmatism, sadly.

I also find that many people conflate conservatism with social conservatism/purism. Conservatives and libertarians depart very little on policy until it comes to foreign affairs and the matter of isolationism.

Its not that its unlikely it just needs to get out to the public. If a GOP ran for laissez faire capitalism and explained it enough to prove it doesn't cause monopolys and the cause of them was the government etc... Then I say it can be likely
It's been done - and is done regularly - at local and some state levels. It's astronomically unlikely to succeed on a national level.
How so???
Well, to reference America specifically (since you mentioned the RL GOP), we've over 300 million people in this country. It's impossible to solidify a majority vote - with just two major parties - if yo take a purist position. From a practical standpoint, you have to seem nonthreatening to the independents/moderates. Just ~40% Our populations self-identifies as Conservative, ~20% as Liberal. The rest are moderate. To get over 50% you either have to expand the number of conservatives (which entails a major cultural shift) or you have to appeal to the moderates.

_________________
Rooland | GOP Video | GOP Forums
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views,
but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

--William F. Buckley, Jr.
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 4:45 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Ritter
Ritter

Joined: March 20th, 2010, 5:38 pm
Posts: 2459
ratonbox wrote:
Exige wrote:Your PERSONAL issues Score is 10%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

OMG I'm a conservative
Hahaha.. I'd shoot you in the head for that. :evilgerman:
not if I shoot you first socialist :evilgerman:

_________________
Lord Tyrion wrote:I only started supporting gay rights after I met Bassman. Bassman is really down to earth, pays his taxes, and is a hard working American, so why shouldn't he have rights?


Top
   
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 4:51 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Fürst
Fürst

Joined: May 21st, 2009, 4:00 pm
Posts: 1215
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:
Rooman33 wrote:
Cnut the Great wrote:Image

Its shows dot but its 100% libertarian. I support laissez faire capitalism. I believe in Objectivist economics not so much the ethics. But I am an Egoist (rational, ethical, and physiological) I dont really care for conservatives because they support capitalism but just like he liberals are destroying it... Any form of non laissez faire will end up hurting more then helping
Yes but, unfortunately, the necessary support for such policies are absent in all today's major democratic societies. So, it becomes a question of practicality and theory - the answer to which is a matter of degree. I would love nothing more than to see another Calvin Coolidge - or even a Milton Friedman - in office, but such a person would likely never find the necessary popular support. So I have to taper my preferences with pragmatism, sadly.

I also find that many people conflate conservatism with social conservatism/purism. Conservatives and libertarians depart very little on policy until it comes to foreign affairs and the matter of isolationism.

Its not that its unlikely it just needs to get out to the public. If a GOP ran for laissez faire capitalism and explained it enough to prove it doesn't cause monopolys and the cause of them was the government etc... Then I say it can be likely
It's been done - and is done regularly - at local and some state levels. It's astronomically unlikely to succeed on a national level.
How so???
Well, to reference America specifically (since you mentioned the RL GOP), we've over 300 million people in this country. It's impossible to solidify a majority vote - with just two major parties - if yo take a purist position. From a practical standpoint, you have to seem nonthreatening to the independents/moderates. Just ~40% Our populations self-identifies as Conservative, ~20% as Liberal. The rest are moderate. To get over 50% you either have to expand the number of conservatives (which entails a major cultural shift) or you have to appeal to the moderates.

YOu have to explain it

_________________
Image
Image
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 5:13 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Fürst
Fürst

Joined: January 8th, 2010, 5:49 pm
Posts: 1853
Exige wrote: not if I shoot you first socialist :evilgerman:
Trust me, if I was a socialist, I'd shoot myself before anyone else.

PS: can't you trim your quotes a little bit? I'm getting tired of pyramid quotes. :P

_________________
Image
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image
As a non-american, you have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want to.


Top
   
PostPosted: June 25th, 2010, 12:30 pm 
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 7th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Posts: 31
In a recently released CN Census, it was announced that the GOP is:
  • tied for 19th in total nations within the top 1% with 3
  • 22nd in total nations in the top 5% with 13
  • tied for 49th in nations within the top 10% with 15
  • 36th relative to percent of nations in the top 1% with 0.038461538
  • 31st relative to percent of nations in the top 5% with 0.166666667
  • 61st relative to percent of nations in the top 10% with 0.192307692
  • 28th relative to "statistical significance of nations in the top 1%" (got to admit... I've no idea what that means - but VE's 29th... so I'm assuming we're doing something right!)
  • 17th relative to "statistical significance of nations in the top 5%"
  • 56th relative to "statistical significance of nations in the top 10%"
  • 34th relative to tech/infra ratio with 0.37131745

_________________
Rooland | GOP Video | GOP Forums
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views,
but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

--William F. Buckley, Jr.
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: July 14th, 2010, 11:09 pm 
User avatar
Offline

Joined: May 7th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Posts: 31
Image
Your friends at the Green Old Party (GOP) would like to do their part to ensure that you are receiving the proper balance of factual political substance. Each of the recently uncovered facts listed below are linked to their source - should you require verification.

Thank you for your attention, and have a lovely, Conservative day :)

--Rooman33,
Founder and Triumvir of Foreign Affairs of the GOP

_________________
Rooland | GOP Video | GOP Forums
"Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views,
but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views."

--William F. Buckley, Jr.
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: July 14th, 2010, 11:19 pm 
User avatar
Offline
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Joined: May 1st, 2009, 5:36 pm
Posts: 2522
I dont think im going to be able to make it through all those links xD

however Im sure there will be a few in there that will peak mine and others interests.

_________________
Image


ImageImageImageImageImage
Nukes Taken: 107
Old Nations Casualties: 4,114,077


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next

All times are UTC-03:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited

Copyright © 2009, 2017 Nordreich Community

Theme by Kaiser Hanssen and Vinzent Zeppelin