---Director of Military Membership Compliance: doitfojesus
---Director of Defense: Franco2

Wiki page: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Green_Old_Party
Charter: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Green_Old_Pa ... owtopic=43
DoE: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.ph ... c=47076&hl
DoN: http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Decl ... Neutrality
DoS: http://z8.invisionfree.com/Green_Old_Pa ... owtopic=42

--William F. Buckley, Jr.

Last edited by Rooman33 on December 30th, 2010, 4:08 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 1:55 pm 

June GOP Update

On this, the GOP's 509th day of existence, we are ranked 53rd, relative to average nation strength, amongst all alliances.

The GOP is ranked 57th, relative to total technology, amongst all alliances.

The GOP is ranked 64th, relative to alliance score and total alliance strength, amongst all alliances.

The GOP is ranked 68th, relative to total infrastructure, amongst all alliances.

The GOP is ranked 82nd, relative to total nuclear weapons, amongst all alliances.

Our most recent OWF announcements can be found here and here.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 2:18 pm 
Fürst
Fürst

What is you view on strong libertarians/classical liberals

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 2:44 pm 

Cnut the Great wrote:What is you view on strong libertarians/classical liberals
They comprise about 1/2 our alliance :D So, I love them!

We (the GOP) generally do not view politics on a linear scale. We view politics thusly:
Our members range from "Right/Conservative" to "Libertarian." I myself land somewhere in the middle of that particular divide. If we're going to go by a linear scale, we'd contend that conservatives and libertarians are on the right, and liberals and authoritarians are on the Left. I believe, as William F. Buckley, Jr. did, that the success of sound conservative policy rests on the necessary existence of a healthy relationship/alliance between conservatives and libertarians.

Here's a political quiz, for fun, to see where you land - if you haven't already played with similar political spectrum quizzes.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 2:59 pm 
Fürst
Fürst

Its shows dot but its 100% libertarian. I support laissez faire capitalism. I believe in Objectivist economics not so much the ethics. But I am an Egoist (rational, ethical, and physiological) I dont really care for conservatives because they support capitalism but just like he liberals are destroying it... Any form of non laissez faire will end up hurting more then helping

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:12 pm 

Cnut the Great wrote:Image

Its shows dot but its 100% libertarian. I support laissez faire capitalism. I believe in Objectivist economics not so much the ethics. But I am an Egoist (rational, ethical, and physiological) I dont really care for conservatives because they support capitalism but just like he liberals are destroying it... Any form of non laissez faire will end up hurting more then helping
Yes but, unfortunately, the necessary support for such policies are absent in all today's major democratic societies. So, it becomes a question of practicality and theory - the answer to which is a matter of degree. I would love nothing more than to see another Calvin Coolidge - or even a Milton Friedman - in office, but such a person would likely never find the necessary popular support. So I have to taper my preferences with pragmatism, sadly.

I also find that many people conflate conservatism with social conservatism/purism. Conservatives and libertarians depart very little on policy until it comes to foreign affairs and the matter of isolationism.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:23 pm 
Fürst
Fürst

heh.. i'm dead center in that quiz. Although.. it has very few questions in order to be at least somewhat accurate.

As a non-american, you have the freedom to say whatever the hell you want to.

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:28 pm 
Ritter
Ritter

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 10%

Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

OMG I'm a conservative

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:32 pm 
Fürst
Fürst

Rooman33 wrote:

Yes but, unfortunately, the necessary support for such policies are absent in all today's major democratic societies. So, it becomes a question of practicality and theory - the answer to which is a matter of degree. I would love nothing more than to see another Calvin Coolidge - or even a Milton Friedman - in office, but such a person would likely never find the necessary popular support. So I have to taper my preferences with pragmatism, sadly.

I also find that many people conflate conservatism with social conservatism/purism. Conservatives and libertarians depart very little on policy until it comes to foreign affairs and the matter of isolationism.

Its not that its unlikely it just needs to get out to the public. If a GOP ran for laissez faire capitalism and explained it enough to prove it doesn't cause monopolys and the cause of them was the government etc... Then I say it can be likely

PostPosted: June 23rd, 2010, 3:35 pm 

Cnut the Great wrote:
Rooman33 wrote:

Its not that its unlikely it just needs to get out to the public. If a GOP ran for laissez faire capitalism and explained it enough to prove it doesn't cause monopolys and the cause of them was the government etc... Then I say it can be likely
It's been done - and is done regularly - at local and some state levels. It's astronomically unlikely to succeed on a national level.