Yolo - Prince
Jack Layton - Hangman and Commander of War Jesus
Vacant Position - Keeper
Placeholder for Witticism - Hermit
Margrave - Piper

Post subject: Re: Kashmir [Kash]
PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 5:43 pm 

Greetings, friends.

I am Jack Layton, Hangman of Kashmir and Commander of the infamous War Jesus squad. Owing to kingzog's recent presence in communicating with Kashmir, I thought we should reciprocate and so I am here to serve you as a representative of Kashmir. Ask me anything and you may get a rambling, incoherent answer. It's best to reach me in game through private message for anything urgent.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 7:03 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Welcome!

I was invited to visited Kashmir by Margrave. He and I have had an on-and-off, mutually-respectful communication for several years now. He is quite possibly the only person I've gotten along with so well and yet never been allied to/with.

Go figure.

So what brings you by? I know you guys don't 'do' treaties any longer, but do we have friends in common? (I honestly don't know.) Our closest ally is Non Grata, but we do have optional arrangements with both GATO and Doom<insert second syllable here>.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 7:04 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Also, I believe this area is not 'secure', but I could be wrong. I really have no idea how things work, and I sensibly handed back any kind of admin powers a very long time ago. Something about my tendency to break things....

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 7:07 pm 
Kaiserin
Kaiserin

kingzog wrote:Also, I believe this area is not 'secure', but I could be wrong. I really have no idea how things work, and I sensibly handed back any kind of admin powers a very long time ago. Something about my tendency to break things....
Jack Layton wrote: Do you require a private embassy (Y/N): N
:winkgerman:

Hiki säästää verta - Uberdude | עַם יִשְרָאֵל חַי
Click me!

ImageImage

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 8:02 pm 

I don't think we're discussing anything particularly sensitive here, so a private embassy isn't required. If something more private comes up, a better venue can be found.

Kashmir, as you note, is paperless. However, we do still maintain good relations (to varying degrees) with many alliances, particularly with Last Call, Screaming Red Asses, Doom Kingdom, Kaskus, among others. War Jesus itself recently scrapped its ODP with Limitless Nexus and replaced it with an ODPoAP with Doom Squad.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 8:35 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

I think saying you 'scrapped' your agreement with Limitless Nexus is something of an understatement. You do get bonus points for the manner in which it was accomplished, though.

Is Kashmir fighting LN and CA as well, or is it just MInc.?

With respect to Monsters Inc., I've actually had a few polite PM exchanges with Hitchcock, and in all of them he assured me that his alliance knew what it was doing. I questioned this every time he said it and, well, I still do. (Although I haven't heard him say it lately.)

I should mention that for a couple of years I lived in Toronto's Chinatown, and the real Jack Layton was one of my neighbors. I never cared for his politics. As an individual he was pleasant enough. But he always looked like he was posing for something. Even sitting on his porch with a coffee, he looked like someone might be taking a picture of him. I suppose this is the sort of thing a politician has to do sometimes, but....it did provide many of us with plenty of entertainment.

PostPosted: July 1st, 2015, 9:07 pm 

kingzog wrote:I think saying you 'scrapped' your agreement with Limitless Nexus is something of an understatement. You do get bonus points for the manner in which it was accomplished, though.
It wasn't difficult to pull off. Methrage kept trying to poach me from Kashmir repeatedly with promises of making me second in command of LN. Being what is essentially third in command in Kashmir is a million leagues ahead of being second in command of LN. He was practically tripping over himself to give me alliance powers. I didn't really have to do much beyond get someone from Flying Sabres (a then-Kashmir protectorate which has since merged with us) to declare on me and we exchanged a couple cruise missiles, just to make it look real. The rest is history.
kingzog wrote:Is Kashmir fighting LN and CA as well, or is it just MInc.?
Just MInc. CA, Sigrun specifically, threatened to declare war on Kashmir shortly after I deleted Limitless Stupidity. However, I bluffed that I had something in store for Sigrun and CA backed off and never fired a shot in our direction. Methrage was keen as all hell to avoid war with Kashmir. Margrave threatened to declare war on Methrage (which he did) and even then Methrage considered it an action just by Margrave and not by Kashmir itself. The rest of Kashmir hasn't touched LN. Technically we're at war with aNiMaLz too, but they're too small to even bother with.
kingzog wrote:With respect to Monsters Inc., I've actually had a few polite PM exchanges with Hitchcock, and in all of them he assured me that his alliance knew what it was doing. I questioned this every time he said it and, well, I still do. (Although I haven't heard him say it lately.)
Being allied to Monsters Inc. previously, I can say that I understand the mind of Hitchcock. He's like me in the sense that he has the same values and doesn't care much for the politics of CN. The difference is he's less sophisticated. He doesn't know how to wait, how to plan. He doesn't know how to build up allies or the importance of PR. The only tool in his tool box is a DoW no matter what the situation. Then he gets themselves into these situations where he's on the ropes. He calls on help from friends and if his friends don't bail him out of his stupid situation, then he considers it a betrayal. That's exactly what happened in this situation. Kashmir repeatedly bailed MI out of their stupid decisions and I was providing them personal guidance. I got them out of every situation they were in. Then they decided to completely disregard our warnings not to hit our allies in SRA. Even after they did this, we set up a peace for them. A very generous white peace. They messed it up. We were left with no choice. All the help we offered them, they called it inadequate and insulted us for it (even to the point of calling one nation who offered aid a "moron"). Now they will be destroyed.
kingzog wrote:I should mention that for a couple of years I lived in Toronto's Chinatown, and the real Jack Layton was one of my neighbors. I never cared for his politics. As an individual he was pleasant enough. But he always looked like he was posing for something. Even sitting on his porch with a coffee, he looked like someone might be taking a picture of him. I suppose this is the sort of thing a politician has to do sometimes, but....it did provide many of us with plenty of entertainment.
I started this nation a few months before he died. I liked the man and I liked his politics. Like it or not, he's changed the face of Canadian politics. Whereas pre-Jack the NDP were only a minor influencing factor, now they're a real contender for power. The recent polls I've seen show Mulcair as the most favourable leader and the NDP are leading slightly. Harper is tanking and Trudeau is following suit. I think people have grown tired of the same two tyrants, Conservative and Liberal, for years and years and the NDP have shaken things up. Overall, I think it's a good thing.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 9:09 am 

SAVE ME WARJEEBUS. SO MANY NUDE HONKEYS.

PostPosted: July 2nd, 2015, 11:13 am 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

Jack Layton wrote:I think people have grown tired of the same two tyrants, Conservative and Liberal, for years and years and the NDP have shaken things up. Overall, I think it's a good thing.
I spent a number of years working in public policy research for groups like The Fraser Institute, the International Institute for Sustainable Development, and a couple of others, so I got to meet a lot of the folks who were running this and other countries, along with the academic luminaries they turned to for advice. At one time, when there were five parties in Parliament, I personally knew the legislative assistants of all five leaders because all five had gone through economic education programs I secured the funding for. I was only a couple of years older than they are/were, and more than once we got completely shitfaced as a group. Good times.

Anyway, behind closed doors there is virtually no difference between the policy wonks from the major parties. They understand the system they have to operate in, and they understand what happens when you try to stray too far from it. Nowhere has this been more evident than here in Ontario. In twenty years we've had each of the big three parties all have majority governments -- or, as I like to call them, four-year dictatorships -- and each one has governed in precisely the same manner.

My hope is that one day people will wake up to the reality that there is no significant difference between the three major political parties apart from election rhetoric. In power they are exactly the same.

This 'hope' of mine is completely illusory, btw. Won't happen. Folks desperately latch onto anyone who promises 'change' regardless of how many times they've been fooled before. The pendulum swings, people are fickle and, perhaps worst of all, most are completely ignorant of how an economy actually works. (A few years back a survey revealed that most North Americans believe(d) that when the rate of inflation declines, prices drop.)

Alright, so enough of the RL politics nonsense.

On to the CN politics nonsense!

Shame you're not fighting CA. It currently includes at least three former NoR members, all of whom probably need a punch in the face albeit for different reasons.

Sigrun, who was once a model of stability and common sense, has decided to pick Methrage as a cause celebre. And each time he goes off the rails, she has to rush in to defend him. She has voluntarily taken on the role of Mom of that kid who is an asshole to all the other kids. It's all very, very funny to me.