It is currently January 19th, 2019, 7:39 am

All times are UTC-03:00

Post subject: Umbrella [UMB]
PostPosted: July 21st, 2009, 9:14 pm 

Hello, I am your diplomat from the Umbrella Alliance. Here is the customary posting:

Contact Information:
IRC: #umbrella on irc.coldfront.net
Forums: http://www.umbrella-alliance.com
AA: "Umbrella"

Government:
President: Roquentin
Vice-President: NFL Generic
Field Marshall [`_`]/Natan
The Generator: Domisi
The Wiseman (MoIA): Raken
The Envoy (MoFA): Johnny Apocalypse
The Economist (MoF): Lord Penis Rahl

Charter Summary:
Our government consists of a democratically elected President, who agrees to a 3 month term. It is the duty of the President to appoint his Vice President and Cabinet. The role of The Generator is an extra-governmental position, key to maintaining our forums and programming departments. (full charter may be viewed here.)

About Umbrella:
Umbrella was formed on Christmas Eve, 2007 and has since remained a fairly quiet and slightly exclusive alliance located on the Black trading sphere. We don't recruit, and as a result our member count is fairly low (usually hovering under ~100 members). Our coordination and activity have been recent successes for us, attracting more active players, however our best success has been maintaining very high slot efficiency. Consistent tech deals have let Umbrella maintain a high average nation strength. Currently we are dedicated to the preservation of our bloc and MDOAP partners, PB and Doomhouse respectively.

Treaties:
Umbrella - Alpha Omega MDoAP (April 19 2008)
Umbrella - Sparta MDoAP (November 13 2008)
Umbrella - MHA MDP (December 23 2008)
Umbrella -FOK MDoAP (January 24 2009)
Umbrella - Poison Clan MDoAP (February 22 2009)
NOIR Black ODP Bloc (February 28 2009)
Umbrella -Fark MDoAP (March 11 2009)
Umbrella -Argent MDoAP (April 4 2009)
Umbrella -GOONS MDoAP (May 25 2009
Umbrella Protectorate: Triton (November 14 2009)
Umbrella - Viridian Entente (April 19 2010)
MDoAP Bloc - Pandora's Box (Octobor 12 2010)
MDoAP Bloc - Doomhouse Accords (Octobor 29 2010)
Umbrella - Orange Defense Network MDoAP (November 21 2010)
Umbrella - Darkfall MDoAP (December 24 2010)

3/17 - Updated this dusty old cobweb of a fact sheet.

Last edited by Raken on March 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Umbrella
PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 7:34 am 
So, I am assuming the government and treaties have changed since the OP. Also, this is our most dead embassy. The cobwebs are soo enormous that an entire generation of spiders has gone onto social security in the length of time since the place opened.

Update or I throw a raid bomb into the place. :gasmask:

No, really, would be nice. :sleepgerman:

PostPosted: January 16th, 2011, 11:18 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

UMB doesn't like us. :tonguegerman:

PostPosted: January 17th, 2011, 12:13 am 
Herzog
Herzog

Never has, never will.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 1:05 pm 

bumped.

PostPosted: March 17th, 2011, 4:46 pm 
Reichsgraf
Reichsgraf

It does seem a bit odd to bump a thread simply for the sake of bumping it.

An opinion was expressed with respect to Umbrella's feelings about NoR. It might be more useful if you were to address that.

Just a suggestion....

PostPosted: March 19th, 2011, 12:40 am 

kingzog wrote:It does seem a bit odd to bump a thread simply for the sake of bumping it.

An opinion was expressed with respect to Umbrella's feelings about NoR. It might be more useful if you were to address that.

Just a suggestion....
The information prior to being bumped was information from nearly a year and a half ago. I signed up for your forums two days ago, had the appropriate masking change to become the author to this thread so I could update it. I figured it would just go unnoticed if I didn't bump it hoping to create some discussion. In regards to your statement that Umbrella as a whole doesn't like you - well that'd be a bit unrealistic. Quite a few people have joined Umbrella who have a firm respect for the system in place that helps Nordreich run smoothly. While we find ourselves in different political camps from time to time, that shouldn't insinuate our ill regard to you.

Hope that can clear some things up.

PostPosted: March 19th, 2011, 5:43 am 
I believe the general perception (at least from me) has been that Umbrella does not like Nordreich, for whatever reasons they may be. I feel that our two alliances have far more in common than is believed to be the case.

Umbrella prides its self on strength and being exclusive, Nordreich prides its self on strength and identity. We are black team members (if color sphere even truly means anything anymore besides trade happiness) and we both share a desire to rule our own parts of the game.

I would hope that Umbrella would extend a hand of friendship towards Nordreich, you will be surprised to see that the hand would not be rejected.

Post subject: Re: Umbrella [UMB]
PostPosted: March 20th, 2011, 2:11 pm 

Cuba wrote:I believe the general perception (at least from me) has been that Umbrella does not like Nordreich, for whatever reasons they may be. I feel that our two alliances have far more in common than is believed to be the case.

Umbrella prides its self on strength and being exclusive, Nordreich prides its self on strength and identity. We are black team members (if color sphere even truly means anything anymore besides trade happiness) and we both share a desire to rule our own parts of the game.

I would hope that Umbrella would extend a hand of friendship towards Nordreich, you will be surprised to see that the hand would not be rejected.
I'd generally be inclined to agree with that. I'm more of a recent addition to Umbrella so the drama that occurred was a bit before me. Hopefully we can move on from there in a more positive direction.

Post subject: Re: Umbrella [UMB]
PostPosted: March 21st, 2011, 12:15 am 
I think a lot of the perceived hate between us resulted in the GOONS misconceptions we had which was worked out when we actually opened up a private chamber and talked it out. I don't see no reason why we can't here as well.